SL Year 2021 in Review
- AUTHOR: Achille Sime
Coral Gables, December 28, 2021 – SL FINANCIAL is an actuarial consulting and advisory firm based in Miami, Florida. We offer complete actuarial solutions in both traditional (re)insurance and alternative risk financing industries.
Looking back at 2021, its events and circumstances have been varied and challenging. Navigating the near-post pandemic, stressed but competitive marketplace, we kept our focus client and product diversification:
- Market Presence – Our firm managed to participate in several virtual 2021 FHCF Participating Insurer Workshop.
- Innovation – Our firm managed to participate in a few Requests for Proposals (RFP) to assist insurers associations, regulators, and insurance groups in their digital modernization initiative with technology-based analytical platform SL DRA. Our plan is to onboard the first customers during the year 2022, while refining our go-to-market strategy.
- Diversification – Our firm consolidated its achievement in core practices. Here are examples of projects completed during the years 2021:
- Appointed Actuary for U.S. Property/Casualty Insurers
- Worldwide Captive Loss Reserve Specialist
- Non-Life and Life Actuarial Valuations Under IFRS
- Florida Property/Casualty Risk-Focused Actuarial Examinations
- Florida Property/Casualty Rate Filings
- Actuarial Pricing and Data Analytics for Bermuda Reinsurers
- Captive Feasibility Study for U.S.-based Manufacturing Company
- Expert-witness Actuarial Analysis for Caribbean Insurance Group
- Statistical Agent for Emerging Markets (SL DRA Platform)
- Education – Our firm has volunteered with the American Academy of Actuaries and the International Insurance Institute in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
Overall, SL FINANCIAL managed to increase its presence in Africa, Florida, the Caribbean, and Bermuda while contributing to actuarial education and insurance innovation.